Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Nubib Nature Camp

After Sossusvlei, we drove through more amazing desert




Then we stayed the night at the Nubib Nature Camp
This was another stunningly beautiful place that I could have stayed at for much longerthe red earth, golden grass, purple mountains...
I just loved it.
After the previous night of very little sleep though,
I contented myself with plopping down and watching the light change as the sun sank towards the horizon
This little girl lived at the lodge and kept me company for a while
I loved this backwards question mark tree

The sun set somewhat early behind the mountains.
The next morning, it was still stunning
On our way out, Jan had to get the one plant that he thought cool enough to show off, bushman's tea, a resurrection plant that goes from a dead dried twig to a brilliant green photosynthesizer within hours of exposure to water

No comments: