Thursday, October 14, 2010

Orange River

Orange River was almost shocking after all that desert. But the green did not go very far.

I took a walk up the cliffs in the evening to catch a view of the sunset
I found all sorts of really cool rocks and fossils in this shaley stuff
The sunset was also really cool
To the left, Namibia. To the right, South Africa.

One of the cool rocks I found was this. I found the first piece, then the next, and so on as I went up the hill.
They fit together in a perfect sphere. I actually found quite a few and turned the group onto them after which they found more. I liked this one the best though. It was too big to bring home, these things were heavy. I actually brought a much smaller one, though Gudrun actually took this monster. Wonder what the airport security thought?
It was a very interesting place

No comments: