Friday, April 6, 2007

Im home!!!

Well, I made it home. All limbs intact and sanity still hanging in there. Here are some of the wonderful things about being home:
My fat little brat cat!
My garden, though, my god do I have some work ahead of me there!

Being able to throw toilet paper in the toilet! As trivial as that may seem, it really matters.
My Kitchen!!!!!!! In addition to the simple matter of trusting the food not to give my stomach desperate battles to fight, I just plain missed creating food. The first thing I did was make a batch of cookies, crazy I know.
Not having to worry whether the grocery store checkout kid is going to ask you an incomprehensible question.
No more 20 hour bus rides!
My bed, my very own bed.
My bike.
Not having to carry around 45 kg of junk on my back!!!!!
More than 2 pairs of pants and 3 t-shirts!!! Variety is very good.
My books, even if I dont have time to read them, they are there.
My lovely lab mates
Jenise
EmilyBrynn and Joel are around someplace, just not giving me pics quite yet.
And, as much as I may be cynical about the state of California, and Davis in particular, this place is LOVELY during the springtime. The air is thick with the scent of flowers, the sun is out (but not scorchingly hot quite yet), and everything is lush and green!
Ah, sigh, isnt it nice to be home?

1 comment:

Jan said...

It is so nice to have you back again on home soil. Can't wait to see you
Love
Mom