Wednesday, February 8, 2012

And... even more progress

I've been going up all week to Eric's place to continue rescuing the blackberries from their overgrown state. It has been a very involved and bloody process, but I'm getting there. By the way, these blackberries are a variety called Cascade, which is a cross between the native forest black berry and one of the fancy hybrids, maybe loganberry. It is the best baking blackberry I've ever had. If anyone wants some, please let me know, because I have lots and lots of plants that I am going to have to get rid of after the 10 years of neglect and spreading. Sad to just kill them since they are so good and apparently pretty rare.
I was supposed to continue working today after my morning class, but the weather turned and working outside when it's 42 and raining doesn't appeal to me so much. so, I took some pictures of this week's progress on the house and came home.
They have put the rafters up on the great room part of the house. This is the kitchen ceiling.
Looking from the back bedroom, sans walls
From the lake
Going upstairs, the view is pretty cool
Looking down from the office into the kitchen living room
Down on the future bedrooms
Kitchen sink view
From the living room to the kitchen
It's coming together

No comments: