Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Creek walk

Eric has been so busy with work this summer that our grand backpacking plans were starting to look horribly improbable.  So I decided to take a quick trip of my own. I decided to retrace the trip up Eagle Creek that I did years ago. 
I found this parasitic plant, had to take the picture to show my students how biology never fits into a perfect box.
The creek was lovely
but I must admit it was a little more difficult than I remember (gee, am I no longer 20?)
Stink currant
lots of moss covered rocks

I dont know if this is a fly or a little native bee
the view from one of my campsites

a really cool cave, though unfortunately my camera got a little wet so its foggy

My trip was cut short unfortunately though.  Rin was thoroughly miserable (I somehow didn't think that the dog who hates water would mind crisscrossing a creek all day, woops).  I had to carry him across some deeper parts, scoop him out when he fell in, comfort him when he thought I was abandoning him.  And then I thought I broke his tail.  It was bent down in a very odd position and he yelped if I went anywhere near it.  Luckily it was only a sprain.  When I started feeling crappy I decided to head home for both our sakes.  
but, it was a beautiful trip!

No comments: