Sunday, November 30, 2014

Newest art project

Here is my newest undertaking in art.  I am retaking the metal sculpture class for fun.  I found these bent pipes and decided to make a dandelion.
It is a heavy bugger, so the base actually took some thought.

At first it took 3 people to get these guys upright, but by the end I was doing it on my own.

The seeds took forever to make, mainly because I made a million of them.  Her are the first few on the flower

And then more!

It looks kind of cool, doesn't it?

More on the older flower

First attempt at putting blowing away seen on, but I hate it.  It looks heavy

Chopped off a bit and it looks better but It still needs a lot of work.  But it was due so this is where I stopped for the moment.  I'm a little afraid of getting it home.  It turns out using a disc break for the flower was a bad idea.  it is designed to resist heat and friction.  How well do you think it welds?  I can just pop those seeds off with my hands.  
We shall see what it looks like in a field.

No comments: