Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Tomatillos

So, as the season fades into winter, I've been able to sneak just a few more tomatoes and peppers off the plants, making me reluctant to clean the beds up just yet.  The weather has been crazy wet lately, so yesterday I decided to do a last look though before everything rotted.  Much to my surprise, there was tons of stuff!  Look at all of those tomatoes.  And more importantly, look at the tomatillos!  The plant I put in this year really never looked very good.  Flopped all over the ground and generally was pathetic.  In september I pulled off a few pathetic tomatillos, enough to make a small batch of salsa.  But when I looked yesterday, I found all of these!
This does not include the two fridge drawers of eggplant and the drawer of peppers I picked before the weekend.  The peppers in this pic are actually from Shawna's garden.  
So, I made salsa verde and bread and butter jalapeƱos.  And I though I was done canning for the season.  Good thing I had gotten lazy and the canner was still sitting at the top of the stairs waiting to be put away in the basement.  

No comments: