Tuesday, October 16, 2007

He's back! and I need new pants

I have a new foster dog. Well not so new, I've got Mitch back, for a real foster this time. Remember, I had him a few months ago as a temporary foster to give his foster a break while her dog had surgery and the house got remodeled. The poor boy was adopted again this weekend, and returned, again. It is so strange that all 3 fosters have loved him to pieces, yet all three adopters have returned him. He's young, powerful, and pushes his limits, but that's like any lab. I think of him like a teenage boy: runs over everyone until he respects you, but once he does? He will do anything and everything for you. We are still working on him respecting me again, I need to get him tired really. Amazing how well they behave when they are tired!
So, unfortunately, things started off pretty badly today. We were on the way to school, me riding the bike, him running. He was great when I had him before, was pretty good this time, but... he saw a squirrel and I don't have a pinch collar for him yet so didn't have that strong control. So, he darted in front of me and I went down hard. I almost saved it, almost kept him back, almost stopped the fall, but no. So now I have a very bloody knee, and a purple hand. Fun fun. First time I have crashed with a dog since my 3rd foster, and that was almost 2 years ago!
So, my pants are ruined, bringing me to another point. I have to go, shudder, shopping. sigh... My favorite pants are only held up by a safety pin in the zipper. My second favorite (that I took to south america), I was folding after laundry this weekend and realized I could see through the ass. Another pair, on the Tahoe field trip I caught the leg on a log and ripped a whole panel out. Yesterday, I went to put my backup pair on and the zipper only came up one side of the teeth, kind of useless. And then today. In slightly over a week, I have gone through most of my collection, leaving the fancy ones, the skinny ones, and the really really ugly ones. Shopping it is, sigh...

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Wow, you certainly are tough on your pants! You need something tough, like the kind construction people use. Isabella is also going through clothes quickly, but it's mostly because of poop. Baby poop is messy and it stains!