Thursday, January 1, 2009

Estacada Christmas

I got a crash course in snow driving trying to get to my Father's house. It took me over 3 hours. I only lost control 2 or 3 times, though nothing dramatic. Until I reached the driveway. And this is what greeted me. If you look close, you can see all the trees down blocking the way. I made it up to the first tree, caught my wheel on the branch and spun there. Backed up, moved the tree, tried again. 3 or 4 tries later, I gave up hope of making it up the hill. Dad had to tow me home. Made it all the way to Estacada, but got stuck in the driveway.

Incredibly beautiful though.
Home sweet home
When that snow came off the roof, man did it shake the place!
Kendra's Granddaughter Kimberly and I went sledding on the infamous driveway. Rinley loved chasing us.
He would race up the hill and wait impatiently for us to trudge back up.
I used to pretend these woods off the driveway were haunted. Regardless, they look pretty cool in the snow.
It was fun to see Kendra's 3 granddaughters again. Here are Mindy and Genny, the oldest and youngest.
More prettiness


Unfortunately, the power went out. You may wonder why I have so many pictures of snow. Well, I had to get out of the house as often as possible. 3 teenage girls for for 3 days in a house without power?
And with that many girls (add their mom, aunt, grandmother and me), toilets filled pretty quick. We had a pretty efficient system of melting snow going.
Our crazy snowman and its kangaroo/cat/dog/whatever.
I took a little walk down to my favorite place on this earth.
Used to seeing it in the summer though, snow is odd.
beautiful... but odd.
Rinley loved it
I got thoroughly wet.
Damn I miss being a country girl!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Oh so beautiful! I miss it, in spite of the extra trouble it takes to get someplace.