Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My personal treasure chest

Making Morgan Garay my own person hero?...
Remember how it took me 7 months to get my permits for the Peruvian collections and how I didn't get my samples until 3 months after I got home? And then how some of the samples didn't make it into the package, and since the export permit was a one time deal, sat mouldering in Lima ever since? Well, my darlin Morgonian went to Peru to visit his family over Christmas and through the miracle of modern technology (still doesn't save the stomach lining though, ouch) I actually managed to get a hold of him, put him in contact with Hector, and get someone here in Davis to venture into the chaos of my office to find the US import permit (brave Carl!), on New Years, on a college campus... well you get the idea. Miracles do happen though, and Morgan managed to get the samples, pass through customs, and mail them to me here. So, it may not look like much, but a big part of my PhD hinges on these scruffy bags of flowers. Yea Morgan!

By the way, I know I haven't posted for ages, and unfortunately this trend is probably going to continue. I have about 1 years worth of work to do in a measly 6 months (or is it 5 now?) and for some odd reason I am panicking. If I go on fun weekend adventures, I will try to take pictures and post them, but alas... I will see you in August, when the world ends!

No comments: