Friday, March 16, 2007

Lima

I made it to Lima, after a horribly looooooooong bus ride. Can you say 20 hours on a bus? And the really sad part was that I met another gringo that had been on his bus for 4 hours more than I, and we left the rest stop before him! Pobrecito, not sure when he got there, but it must have sucked!
Hector here has been helping me to get the permission to work in Peru.Again, I met some wonderful taxi drivers. This guy was the driver for the hotel I stayed at. He was so nice. We had a lot of fun talking. I also talked to a couple other drivers. It is so very exciting that my spanish is getting to the level I can actually carry on a conversation! Maybe not a real one with friend discussing the subtleties of some philosophy... but I can talk to a cabbie!!!!!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Bilingual! Congrats, Peg spent bouco money, and had no where near as good of an adventure as you are having.
Love, mom