Friday, March 16, 2007

Huanchaco


I finally made it to Huanchaco! It is pretty darn cool what they do with my plant here! They make really cool little fishing boats called caballitos. And, they make a pretty picture on the beach ;)
Not just totora though, but at least they are recycling! Looks like a bit of work! They grow the totora in pits right on the edge of the ocean.We talked to this pescador (fisherman) and he gave me lots of tips on how to grow totora. He also let us colled data from his pits, very nice of him! His name was Javier. Here in the Trujillo area, I have had the help of the wonderful Mario. This great guy is really making my time here wonderful. Made me laugh with his stories of his three precocious daughters.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Happy Birthday Heather, what a great place to be celebrating
Love
Mom