Saturday, May 23, 2009

Day on the boat

So Dad put me to work on Saturday, doing firewood. Oddly enough, I actually had fun. probably because Charlie came and helped with his tractor and got me out of all the super hard stuff! In reward, Dad took me out in his boat on Sunday. I hear about this thing all the time, so it was fun to actually be able to experience it with him. Love you Poppa!
We took a tour of Portland and the Willamette River
Poor Rinley didn't like being tossed about so much.
Our upstream most point was the falls. I've seen them from the road of course, but they sure are impressive from below. That water boils, and the sea lions are everywhere (smart little buggers, to the fishermens chagrin)
Just below the falls are some interesting looking old industrial buildings. I think it was a paper mill.
Pretty, no?

No comments: