Saturday, May 23, 2009

Quick trip home

I drove up to Estacada last week so I could leave Rinley with Dad while I went off to Czech. It was so nice to be able to go home in the midst of all the chaos I'm going through.
I took a 'quick' walk down to the creek. It turned into a rather difficult trek because a ton of trees fell down in the big snow, and the salmonberries filled in the rest.
But it was still lovely down there.
I saw a lot of animals on my way down. This little snake was sleeping in the sun.
and Rinley dug up a mountain boomer! The poor little thing blundered about for ages before finding a new hole. It even ran in circles around our legs for a while. Amazingly, Rinley left it alone once I told him too (boy did he watch it intently though). Wish I got a better picture, but it's hard to do!
The little creek that borders part of the trail also made the journey interesting. It got a little crazy over the winter I guess, and washed away half the trail. weeee

While salmon berries make life difficult at times, they have pretty flowers. and they sure are good to eat!
and this little thing is one of my favorites
It forms these dense thickets that are wonderfully soft. even if they do hide all the treacherous terrain.

No comments: