Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Finland: Isojarvi

While Eliska sat in the hospital, I spent the afternoons exploring the immediate area to entertain myself.
This picture is for DasaNice bus stop
This is another park: Isojarvi
It was threatening to storm the entire time I was there
but pretty
I got lucky, since even though I got rained on most of my drive there, I didn't get wet on my 10 k hike
pretty trees
It is funny how Finland seems so monotonous when you drive through, but when you get out in it, there are so many variations on the theme
Another example of why Finish parks rock! a nice dry, non lumpy lean to shelter for you to camp in
ominous clouds moving in
kind of spectacular in a dark way though
and I found blueberries! the only ripe ones on the whole trip
It was a really nice hike. and it helped to work off some of the tension I had over not being able to do anything with the whole Eliska business

No comments: