Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Lunch

The next day Raissa and Roberto took us to the place where you traditionally go to have Christmas lunch.  I dont remember what it was called, but amusingly any time we were asked what we had seen we brought up this lunch.  People looked at us like we were crazy at first, Christmas lunch? then consistently guessed the place on first try.  
I didn't take pictures of the food, oh well, but it was roast pig on a spit with all sorts of rice and beans and yummy roots.
After, we went for a scenic drive through Carite forest and a little hike to Charco Azul

Epiphytes on palm trees
Raissa sheltering Alvaro from the rain
The Charco Azul

Pretty rainforest
We then took a very beautiful drive winding our way through the mountains and back to our condo.  I rode with Raissa and Roberto for the second half of the drive.  Eric and Jim's first question when we arrived was to the greenish cast of my face.  But I actually made it through just fine (odd since a little drive on the freeway gets me carsick, but hey)

No comments: