Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Landscaping

So.  The wedding is coming up and I am really excited about having it at our place, but as of March, the land around the house is truly nothing but a weedy mud pit.  Now I love gardening and Eric has graciously given me quite a budget to play with (no limits in the nursery!!!!!), but the speed of this made the spring a little tough.  I don't have too many pictures because Eric is not a picture guy, and my hands were too muddy, but this is a small collection of the process.  

This is the front lawn, where the ceremony will be held.  Weedy pit, no?

Sod being delivered in May

The lakefront side of the house.  Finally making progress on the weeds on the burn

 The Mediterranean garden by the front door was such a mess for so long.  The paths finally went in in May so I finally could try to deal with this.  Look at the weeds! (The blackberries in back look under control for once though)

 The path by the front door. Go Tom! Fun fact, we got the stones for this path from my Dad's place

 By June, I was really sweating.  The wedding is in a month.  I finally got flowers in the berm, but the irrigation system took forever to figure out.  

This looks a lot better than before, does it not?  

By mid June, the sod doesn't look bad, the flowers are in, if small.  All that's left is the irrigation and mulch.  You can see the ladder on the right. We got a lot of cherries this year (nice to be here in the fight against birds and rain, in the past they would always mold or get eaten before I would make it up.)

 The wedding is one month away.  The mulch is finally on.  We basically gave up on perfecting the irrigation and are hoping it is good enough.  

Now it's time to focus on all that other wedding stuff... oh help, maybe landscaping an entire place in 3 month wasn't so bad after all!

No comments: