Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Garden update

Well, we finally got the raised bed built and then I had to fill them.  For the ones adjacent to the parking area, I was able to get pickup loads and fill them by hand.  This allowed me to plant my currants and gooseberries.  As well as some onion starts that I threw in just for the heck of it.  It took 3-5 truck loads to fill each bed (short vs tall bed).  I filled 5 of them.  ugh

I also got the asparagus planted, over month after delivery but they are in the ground!

Potato boxes started! Artichokes in the ground

for the rest of the beds, instead of doing the wheel barrow thing, we hired a guy with a conveyor truck.  It was wonderful.  He just shot the dirt where it needed to go.  

It was glorious

the berries are filling in

Some squash and cucumbers getting started

the potato boxes are pretty cool if you've never seen them.  You just keep adding layers as they grow and theoretically get a tower of potatoes.  

Here's the beds with lots of starts planted

grow babies grow!

No comments: