Saturday, May 16, 2015

Korean dinner

I have been playing with cooking Korean food lately.  I had only really ever experienced Korean barbecue which is not my favorite (sacrilege I know).  After all the korean TV I've watched lately though, I decided to give it a try.  I found this great website, and a new obsession was started.  
This was my Korean feast for 10.

Korean food has lots of side dishes to join the main dish.  So, the table is pretty full.  It was fun and yummy.  Lots of work though.  

Menu
Kimchi jigae (kimchi stew)
Beef bulgogi 
Ssamjang (spicy dipping sauce)
Daegujeon (breaded cod fillets)
Cheonggyeongchae doenjang-muchim (bok choi with soybean paste)
Sigeumchi-namul (spinach side dish)
Gage-namul (eggplant)
Gyeran-jangjorim (eggs in soy broth)
Dububuchim-yangnyeomjang (tofu in spicy sauce)
Dubs-ganjangjorim (tofu in soy sauce)
gim (roasted seaweed)
kimchi
kkakdugi (radish kimchi)
and of course rice


We have simplified versions for dinner weekly now.  
Yummy.

No comments: