Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Uncle John

I got to go visit my uncle John this weekend. He and his new wife Elizabeth put me to work in the yard, took me for a beautiful hike, and fed me a lovely dinner. It was father's day, so we went out to dinner with Elizabeth's two boys. It is fun to see John as a father figure. I always thought he was the coolest, the boys seem to like him too.
They live in Calistoga, that's right, where the water comes from. They have a wonderful hiking trail that goes up the hill right behind their house. It was rather toasty though (the fence thermometer said 102, but that may have been slightly exagerating, safe to say 98-100!), so we didnt make it very far.

The view of Napa valley

Elizabeth, John, and I

Lichens! these ones are really cool too. they form these pretty nets, I will show you a picture sometime, when they aren't quite so stiff and dessicated.More viewsElizabeth
Fun bark:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.