Friday, July 27, 2007

Adventures in fraud

So. When I went to check my bank account now that the month is drawing to a close, I discovered to my chagrin that I was overdrawn and already had been charged 2 overdraft fees. How can that be? I started looking through my transactions and there is one on Monday from Strawberry C (sehong kong) for $255.55? I have no idea what that is! So I called my bank and they are looking onto it. Seems strange since it isn't that large of an amount of money for a thief, but it was more than enough to send me over the limit. But, of course my bank cancelled my card to prevent further problems, unfortunately that leaves me with only the cash I have on hand, $50 (luckily I actually have some, not guaranteed). A week on $50? This is California, and I am going to visit my grandmother this weekend - gas! Add onto this that my camera, the one I have been so obsessively posting pictures here for all of you, is having issues. Mainly, the memory card is flipping out. I had all sorts of plans to get a new one for this trip to the mountains, Arnold is a wonderful place to take pictures. But...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Why didn't you tell me? I would have gotten a memory card to you somehow. . .