Monday, July 23, 2007

Chicken Tractor

This weekend my friend Jim invited me to see his band play at a party put on by a local moms group. Their name is indeed Chicken Tractor. They play fun bluegrass, though Jim is always trying to get them to branch out in odd ways. I work with 3 of the 4 band members, and Jim is my occasional lunch buddy.

Jim, playing mandolin The really fun thing about this concert was all the kidlets running around. A little awkward for me since I didnt have one and all the parents coming up and asking me which one was mine... hard to explain that my heart is devoted to a couple of little girls up in Oregon at the moment. I had fun taking pictures though.
I got a new foster dog this weekend too. At the party, they named him Logan. He was the most gentle boy, let all these little ones grab and pet him, though after a while he hid under the table...
...and this little girl kept trying to get him to come out and play. Logan is such a sweet and mellow boy, so cute and cuddly... but he has some seperation issues. I went "rafting" down the Sacramento river with the Chicken Tractor crew on Sunday and we left Logan in the fiddle players big shady back yard. While we were gone he managed to chew through the fence and warp a drain pipe to get out. I was terrified since he doesnt have any tags yet, and is already pretty sickly from his previous street time. But, we found him 4 houses away, after of course driving in the opposite direction for 20 minutes cirling the neighborhood. Stupid dog! So damn lovable though... we shall see how this goes.

No comments: