Monday, January 7, 2008

Last Oregon pictures for a while

Well, its back to the grind and I really can't complain because I got almost an extra week in my happy place. Here are some of the last pics from Oregon.

I'm going to miss this little one

Daddy torturing the child

I got to spend part of a day with my friend Rob, he's a lot of fun to talk to. And we got to experience the amazing friendliness of Oregonians on public transportation. weee

Oh, and by the way, I don't have a picture, but on my adventurous drive home (all the horror stories about the weather had me terrified, but it ended up being rather tame, if looooong) I saw one of the most unusually beautiful things. I had just come out of Ashland and over the worst part of the Siskiyou pass. I was stuck in Ashland for over an hour in a chain inspection line (read a good 3 chapters of my book though!) and so I lost most of my daylight time. As I crossed the Oregon California border, the sun was going down. But instead of turning colors, the sky went silver, like the old moves or something. Then the mountain/hill in front of me was covered in snow with little tree/shrubs poking out all black. The entire scene was devoid of any color. Normally, even at night you get an impression of brown or green or something. But this was truly black and white, like a photograph. The only color was the red taillights of the cars in front of me. It was amazing.

No comments: