Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Miami Wedding

My lab mate got married this weekend in her home town of Miami. It's funny how life sometimes hits you with everything at once.
So, while I'm still reeling from loosing Kendra, I did spend spring break in South Beach. huh. Who'd a thought?
Have to admit it was pretty though.
Met a lot of Jenise and Ralph's old friends and labmates. They had a pre wedding party in lieu of bachelor/bachelorette
The wetland girls.

The Wedding
It was rather stormy so poor Jenise didn't get to have her garden wedding. It was still lovely though. She shined enough to make you forget the room.
The happy couple
Emily and her friend Cory. My roomates for the duration.
Wetland girls again. Like my sunburn? Brilliant.
They had a very tasteful cake sharing. Almost too much so. The crowd demanded chaos, here's Jenise's version.
Poor Ralph was mortified by the removal of the garter, but he was adorable.
After the big party, we met the next morning for a post wedding brunch.
Emily, Cory, Steven
Ralph and his family

The Everglades
Since I was in South Florida, and being a wetland ecologist. I had to see the Everglades.
It was a bit of a rushed visit. I had to get the rental car back by 6 (and with Miami traffic too!)
I didn't get to do much more than drive through and stop once or twice to take pictures.
Did see an alligator crossing the road, that was cool. but no pics.
So, I officially saw, but I will have to go back some day if I ever want to really get a feel. It was way too rushed. Pretty though.

No comments: