Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Christoph!

I got to see Christoph! My old roomie, and one of my absolute favorite people in the world. Haven't seen him in years. He's gone and finished a PhD, moved to the east coast for a post doc, gotten married (to a brilliant french girl, who I have yet to meet, grrrr), and is about to move back west. All in the time since we've seen each other. ouch
Man was it fun to see him again. Just for an excuse and for something to do, we went hiking in the gorge.
It was typically spectacular, of course.
And we ended up hiking a lot more than we realized, with a little hike here, another one there...

This is a pretty cool waterfall, another one you can go behind

Pretty spot. And after all the hiking, we went back into Portland, had an amazing dinner (another duh when it comes to Chris), and walked some more (so I could walk off the glass of wine I had with dinner)
What a day! I miss that boy so much, sigh
Even Rin go a little tired with all that walking.

No comments: