Friday, August 19, 2016

California visit

I had planned a trip down to visit my grandmother before the term started.  She is having some difficulties and I wanted to make sure and get some time in with her.  So, after the meeting with the expectant parents, we drove up to Portland, in Portland traffic, and made it to the airport 25 minutes before my plane was scheduled to depart.  Yeah, I ran.  But the plane was delayed, then delayed , then delayed some more.  See, it was so hot (the car measured 110 while sitting in the parking lot).  The little prop plane couldn't cool down.  I heard at one point it was 105 inside the plane.  Eventually they cancelled the flight.  They put us on another flight that evening.  So all the rushing and I just sat in the airport for 5 hours.  ha.  
Finally in Oakland, I changed plans to stay with Polly because she was closer.  That meant I got to spend a little time with Talullah.  She has grown a lot.




It was good to see Polly, even if it was only for a late night (too late, but worth it) and a little bit in the morning.  

Then I drove my rental car across the bay to spend time with Grandma.  We did a short visit and left her to nap while we had lunch with Corinne and Madison.  On the way there, I had a message on my phone.  First bit, they said yes and want to go through with the adoption with us and liked us as much as we liked them.  Then, surprise.  Katt's in labor. 
So, they didn't know much.  Eric and I called back and forth but at the moment they told us not to hurry, things could take a while.  So, I had lunch, not that I ate anything.  And it was lovely to see Corinne and Maddy was cute, but I don't really remember anything.  I was a little distracted you see.


I had promised to come back and visit Grandma.  So, I did. I got to tell her the new developments.   

After another short but lovely visit, I got back in the car and drove across the bay to Dave and Linda's house.  On the way, I got the order to move; so I got to the house, gave Linda and Katie a hug, handed Katie my credit card info and told her to get me a new flight, then I got back in the car and drove to the airport.  It's 4 pm in bay area traffic at this point. I made it just in time to drop off the car a day early, and get to the plane just in time.  hoo boy, I would not call this mellow.  

Exciting? 

Terrifying? 

Crazy? 

Yes all that.

No comments: