Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Sappy animal stories

I have two silly stories to tell you.

Well, actually one was rather tear jerkingly beautiful, but... I was at the lab rescue booth last Saturday, and there was one dog who was very shy and meek. She's an older lady, but very fit for her age. She spent most of the time hiding behind people. Then, this young woman walked by and this little girl suddenly perked up. When the woman came in to pet her, the dog was out from under the legs, jumping around, wagging the tail, that had seemed permanently stuck between her legs, for all it was worth. When the woman left, Cheyenne (the dog) tried to follow her, then would not let her out of her sight. It was pretty extreme. Basically Cheyenne chose this woman, and after a lot of hemming and hawing and walking around to test this girls reaction, they went home together. The girl was so not looking for a dog, but could not deny the choice that was made. It had all of us a little weepy.

The other story is a little silly, but it makes me happy. My silly little cat, who if you've met her you know that little is not the best descriptor, is now on a diet. It makes for difficult evenings for me as she runs around asking for food all night, but hey, at least she is running around now! She was a bit of a blob for a while. Now, the odd thing is that she is suddenly becoming a lap cat. I expected some changes as she lost the weight and got healthier, but she has never been a lap cat! I've had her for almost 9 years, and though I picked her for exactly that reason, she proved to be very reluctant to cuddle. But now, everytime I sit in my reading chair, within 10 minutes she has climbed up and settled in. I'm in heaven!

tee hee

No comments: