Friday, August 8, 2008

Timmy's home!

Timmy came home last night! I can't tell you how relieved I am.
It was quite a roller coaster though. It was kind of late, I was sitting in the living room reading. I had the door open so I could see just in case he came, just like the last 2 nights. I heard a snuffling sound, and then a bark! My heart lept and I ran outside. The dog had run off but I followed. When I caught up, it was a terrified snarling pitbull. yikes! And not my Timmy!! I was pretty devastated after the moment of hope. I tried to read again, but it really wasn't working. Then I hear a car braking fast and I got curious and looked outside. Across the way, silhouetted in the streetlight, stood my stupid lovely dog! I was crying so hard out of relief that I could hardly even call him to me. He was terribly thirsty, drank two bowls of water. He's filthy, and has no skin on his toes. His mad dash literally wore the flesh right off his feet. He limps now, but he will recover, and he's home!
In other good news, I met with the doctor again today. He says that I didn't fracture anything, just bruised the bone. Still hurts like hell, but that is just fine with me!
So, disaster averted, life is good, and I can breath again.

No comments: