Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Visitors!

I had house guests this weekend. Poor guys had to sleep on my floor, but I was so very happy to finally be able to host someone in my home after so many people have taken me into theirs. (plus, I have to admit, I enjoyed having two beautiful boys around. Even if my house smells very strongly of men now) Honza and Jaroslav are two guys that I met in Czech that came to visit at the end of a whirlwind tour of California.
They've been slightly overwhelmed by the crowds as they tried to see all the beauties of this state, so I decided to take them to a nice secluded beauty. This lovely spot is on the Cosumnes River, and is an amazing jumble of granite slabs and boulders and crazy water.

Emily and Jenise joined us and we spent the day relaxing in the sun.

This is Jaroslav, to remind you...

Jenise looking wonderfully leggy

Honza, looking a bit like he is posing for a Michelangelo painting.

There were some definite girly giggles over this, but he took it in good humor, so all's well.

There was this fun little waterfall and hidden pool in the jumble of rocks. Unfortunately, I was a bit limited due to my stupid arm, but alas...

Jenise looks a bit like a laughing mermaid here, at least to me...

More Honza poses

It was a wonderfully relaxing day

In a very beautiful place

Sometimes, just sometimes, I can be convinced that life in California is grand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With places like that, even I might be able to be convinced that California is redeemable.

stcastle said...

Heather!! Where is this spot and why have you never introduced me to it before?!?! I want to go!!