Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Botswana: Chobe National Park

The morning after our Chobe River cruise we took a game drive into the Chobe National Park. While we practically froze in our 20 minute drive to the park in the open truck, it was worth the beautiful morning light.
I'm not sure what kind of eagle this is, but it's beautiful regardless
This picture reminds me of an old fashioned painting, like one you would see in an old Victorian home or something.
I like the pictures of the impalas, can you tell?
Marabou stork
More impala. Photogenic little buggers
These boys were very aware of danger nearby
Although this guy was just passing through, they watched him the entire time
Getting this picture was infuriatingly difficult. My camera and I had some words. Can't it tell I want to focus on the beautiful lion, not some stupid sticks? grrrrr
A red-billed hornbill
Giraffe
Fish eagles
Cape buffalo
I loved these little birds, the Lilac breasted roller
Kudu bachelor's party

No comments: