Wednesday, September 29, 2010

On the road again

On the road again became our theme song, since Jimmy played it practically every time we got in the bus, weeeee
I knew that there were ostriches in Africa. I was pretty darn excited the first time I saw one because I hadn't really expected to get to see one up close.
Who knew that we would see so many of them that you would hardly even pay attention to one in perfect view?
I still think they are really beautiful birds. Stupid, but pretty.
This was a common sight in Botswana.
We were on the way to the Okavango (yippee!) for 2 nights of camping. It was amazing how many people didn't bring sleeping bags (as stated in the trip instructions) for 4 nights of camping. Led to some punting, or even cold nights for the non punters)
This is what it looked like in the land on the southern edge of the delta. Pretty dry, but these particular trees don't grow unless there is a good supply of ground water.
And, another attempt to get a picture of a village, this time Botswana style

Next, it's the Okavango, and I have soooo many pictures there, be prepared. This is after I culled the majority of them. hoo boy

No comments: