Friday, August 22, 2014

London

The first stop of our honeymoon was in London to visit friends of Eric's that couldn't make it to the wedding, Jacob and Leena.  In reality, we spent more time with their kids Ina and Marcus because they were so much fun.  I don't think I need to play Uno for a while though.

Ina

We brought them a copy of Smallworld and Ina couldn't get enough of it

Marcus was obsessive about his sword and would fight anyone he could, virtually or with the toys.

This is their lovely house in West Hampstead

What they did in their shady front is very fun and zen

One of the days, Jacob took us on a little walking tour of London

Buckingham Palace

There were so many people, wherever we went, that it was almost hard to breath.  Jacob even was a little overwhelmed by it and he loves London for the vibrancy etc

Parlament or something in the distance

I can't be in England without taking garden pictures, right?

I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at here. I think it is the back of parliament 

Westminster Abby
We didn't go in.  The lineup was about an hour


Big Ben

The tower of London.  They are in the middle of a remembrance of WWI.  This is a half finished art instillation to fill the Tower moat with ceramic poppys to simulate the rivers of blood or something. 

The Tower line was also super long.  Katherine and I didn't make it in, I kind of wanted to just to not be thwarted again, but Jacob and Eric had such a look of pleading resignation that I couldn't do it to them.


Tower Bridge

I kind of enjoy the combo of history and ultra modern

Definitely some odd shaped sky scrapers

So, all in all London was interesting, crowded, and jet lagged, but Jacob and Leena have a great family and I was sad to leave so quickly.

No comments: