Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Sun and Rain in Schaffhausen

In Schaffhausen, Eric mostly worked, so I hung out with Ella and Denise or sat around trying to get my body to feel better.  One day after Ella got out of school, we went to this neat little swimming complex on the Rhine.  It's made of wood and has bathing areas for women and men (mostly ignored today), pools of different depths, and ducks fish and swans galore.  All with the river flowing through.  Kind of fun.

Ella bear

That night we went to Ella's best friends house for dinner.  Her parents are Swiss and Russian so we were treated to an amazing Russian dinner that made me so full I didn't eat for a few days.  After dinner even included theater with Ella and Daria putting on quite the incomprehensible, but cute, show.

Saturday Ella, Denise and I went on a walk up the Rhine and over the hill.
Here is an old steam boat on the Rhine.

And an old steam train

The countryside was beautiful



Ella and I had a grand time together, I already miss that kid


That evening it rained, and there was a gorgeous rainbow as a result.

Even a double rainbow

Schaffhausen is such a pretty town


Next, on to Munich to see Gudrun and Sebastian.  Bye bye Schaffhausen

No comments: