Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Neuschwanstein Castle

I don't know how many times I've been to Bavaria and not made it to the biggest tourist attraction in the whole of Germany, but finally we did. Behold, Neuschwanstein Castle.

In reality, though the castle is cool, its the surroundings that are the most magical.  

The post card view of the castle is a big photographers secret, oh well


Look! A picture of Eric and I.

The paragliders (can you see them up there?) arguably have the best view

The inner courtyard

Gudrun and Sebastian



The line to go inside.  

That bridge in the distance is the next destination.

I took this picture for my lecture on biomes.  I have tons of pictures of deciduous forests in winter, but not summer!

Back of the castle.  I think that's the throne room balcony up there

Stunning countryside

If there wasn't this amazing castle here, Im pretty sure people would come for the waterfall.  As it was, I don't think one in ten noticed.

Not too shabby?

I am trying so hard to get picts of us, since it is the honeymoon, but it is hard to remember

and all of us.  It was fun to see Gudrun and Sebastian 

No comments: