Monday, August 27, 2007

80 years old?

My Grandmother turned 80 this weekend, we had a big party for her. She is one amazing woman, you'd never know she was an age that some people naively call old. She still runs circles around me, and I'm only 27! The party was a pretty big success, even though we ran into a couple of tiny little problems. #1. there was a forest fire not 5 miles away, started about an hour before the guests were supposed to arrive. Between us and half the guests, us and the highway out, us and just about everything. As we were setting up, we noticed first the smoke, then the ash drifting down. It was rather unnerving, I must say. The whole party had the phone ringing off the hook with people asking about the fire, telling us they were stuck behind it, etc. It was a bit daunting sitting in the mountains thinking about evacuating 50+ octogenarians. It turned out the fire was controlled pretty quickly (though don't ask the people stuck behind it if you want a realistic estimate) and we finally got the second wave of held up partiers at about 6:00 at night. Made for one long day, I must say.

My uncle Dave
John Moran, my grandfather's best friend, and an amazing man. (and Aunt Karen's back!)















My Mother's husband Larry



The Geracis, another good friend, and the family doctor.















Cousin Katie and Aunt Linda
Roberta Moran, another 80+ amazingly feisty woman, and my Great Aunt Dorothy













And me and the girls, my lovely cousins Katie and Polly

1 comment:

Jan said...

great pic's, good family