Saturday, January 20, 2007

Lazy Saturday

Today, Kongo needed to buy a birthday present for his father, so we met him downtown. He is a wonderful man, but man does he love to talk! I have a headache from trying so hard to understand him. Then, he would translate a few words for me, but always only the words that I already knew. Regardless, he was fun and it was an amusing morning.

Kongo y su padre


I bought a comic book today. The problem was that they shrinkwrap all the books here, so you can't look at what you are buying. I was able to look through a big book that was a collection and it was hilarious, but had to buy my book unseen (a smaller collection that I can actually put in my bag). It is funny, but not as great as the big one, alas...
I would take a picture and post it here, but that would probably break all sorts of copyright laws, and since I ALWAYS get caught with that sort of thing... try this webpage: http://lavender.fortunecity.com/fulbourne/510/quino/general/football.gif funny stuff.
Kongo is taking a nap, I think I might follow his example. We have been staying up till 12 or 2 all week, working till 9 then talking even as our eyes close like freight elevator doors (the old kind). Petra and Nicolas get back tonight, it will be fun to see the kidlet again.

1 comment:

Dave said...

For all the difficulties you have with technology - this is pretty COOL Heather....Love the pictures. In fact, I would like to see some of your 'work' photos as well. Stay well rested. Love you > Uncle Dave.