Saturday, January 27, 2007

Wandering through the mountains of Pucon

Smoking mountain!
I had a free day today so I decided to go for a walk. Since this is a complete and total tourist town and everything costs money, I decided to take advantage of Eliska´s property and walked up the hill behind their house. There was a logging road to follow for a while (I mean an oxen trail with a big ditch in the middle where the logs ripped through). Going up was hard, I am way out of shape, but it was beautiful views to look at while you caught your breath. I made it up into the trees that I have been admiring from the lower levels all week. Going down was a bit tricky though, I knew where I was, and where I wanted to be, but lost a bit of the way for a while. Yippie! Try climbing down a cliff through a bamboo thicket someday, fun stuff.

These flowers were beautiful, but watch out! They sting worse than a nettle. Ow ow OUCH!












Here is the view from the top. Ha! It was worth going up, but I must admit, the best views were from the middle of the mountain. Pretty cool trees up here though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sure beats my little walk throught the local trees!!!
What a view!