Friday, January 26, 2007

Valdivia work

Eliska, Marcel, and I wet to Valdivia area to collect my plant. Again, a repeat of my trip 3 years, ago, but it was definitely a new experience. I dont really remember biting flies the size of bumblebees, or ravenous mosquitos capable of turing your entire body into one big swollen itch... but, for the flies at least, I had a champion. At one of the sites, we went through a families property. One of their dogs attached himself to me and literally followed me around biting the flies out of the air around me. This was adorable, but admitedly slightly intimidating because he was very large and the flies would be very close to me when he would go for them. It was also not very conducive to working or good for the equipment since he would land rather indiscriminitly. Yikes! My plant is everywhere here!!! This momma cat was very hungry, she ate our leftover breakfast. My beautiful plant

1 comment:

Jan said...

Lizzy has nothing to complain about,I'll show her your kitty pic...
Beautiful country
Keep the pictures and stories coming