Friday, April 18, 2008

Helpful Zoe

I've been frantically trying to organize my plants so I can get my big common garden experiment set up before I leave for Czech in a month. It isn't easy when you have to depend on plant growing when you have a deadline! You can't exactly force them to hurry up.
So my past few days have involved lots of slime and filth and stinky plants. And man am I going to be buff! These things get heavy when they fill with water!
And look how they grow! Literally bursting out of the pots. They have been sitting on racks in the giant white tubs you can see in the background in many of these pics. So many of them have grown through the racks... so much so that there are more plants outside of the pots than in them. I've had to rip plants apart, drag them out. All very hard to do when you are leaning over the edge in a meter high tub!
Zoe was very helpful though. This isn't the best pic, but this is one of my favorite expressions of hers. I love this silly dog!
She wouldn't stay out of hte water. It was cute, but when you are lugging a heavy plant that is oozing slime all over you and all you want to do is put it in that container she is in... it gets rather old rather quick. This poor girl has had such a hard time lately. She just can't seem to get a home. All her stories are spectacularly tragic. We first got her because her family was going through a terrible time: Dad was in the hospital dying, Mom had 4 kids, and their house was in forclosure. Then, she got adopted, but the family found out soon thereafter that their 9 month old was deathly allergic to dogs. And last night? She got adopted again, by a wonderful family with a dog that they wanted a playmate for. The two dogs got along great, everybody seemed happy, but when they got home, their dog got super territorial and things got bloody. So, Zoe is back. My poor darlin!

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

What a beautiful doggie! I love that expression, the ears make the look!!