Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Zoe

I got a new foster dog this weekend. Meet Zoe. These silly dogs love cameras so much that it is impossible to get a good picture of them. This is her caught before she can jump up and come investigate the thing in my hand deer in the headlights look. Zoe is an amazingly beautiful dog. Her color isn't your normal chocolate, there is gold in there too. She's got something in there besides lab and it gives her grandeur and grace. She is rather large, I'm guessing 95ish. And she has the biggest feet. She is a baby still too. Only 11 months. For a puppy, she is amazingly well behaved. Unfortunately, she is still a puppy.


She has the temperament I love in a dog. Cuddly, affectionate, playful, watchful, not needy (for a puppy) and has a good radius (what I call the distance when she is off leash that she goes before she circles back to say hello). For a young dog, she is remarkably well behaved and mellow. If I had a yard, I would already have signed the papers to adopt this girl. Give her some time and training to work off the puppy (as cute as it may be), and she will be perfect.
But unfortunately, she whines when I take my attention away for a second. She chews my furniture (the table my Dad made that I've carted around everywhere and even managed to keep water stains off from my plethora of plants! arghhhh!). She barks if I leave her alone. She wakes me up at 5 or 6 am to play, or else! Yesterday, I couldn't take that one. I've been sick, so sleeping is a priority. I grabbed my blanket and crawled to the living room. She eventually settled down and slept for almost 45 minutes with her head on the little dip of my waist as I slept on my side. can you say awwwwwww? And my personal favorite? She thinks that biking to school is the greatest game. My foot circling in front of her to chase and bite for 2 whole miles? How fun! ouch.
I love this dog! But can I survive?



This is my neighbor's dog Nathan. These are the guys I jokingly call the gentlemen druggies. There are always tons of guys just hanging out. Lots of coming and going. Not the most reputable looking crowd. But, they are so polite, and always take the parties inside when it gets late. Plus, I like their dog. Nathan here is soooo sweet and shy. I took him with Zoe d I to the dog park yesterday. He spent the first half trying to sneak out the gate. But then he discovered the tennis balls lying around. I would throw a ball for him and he can tear out as far as he wants? yippee! He didn't want to leave. tee hee.

Got to love how his poppa tries to toughen up his look with the chain. Silly.

No comments: