Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Popeye the squirrel

Graphic Content, Beware!
Don't look too close if you have a weak stomach.




This squirrel has been hanging around my building for at least 6 months now, with an eye out of a horror story. It's been steadily getting worse, but I've never had my camera with me until now.

We are all shocked that he is still alive, poor little thing.

There are no predators to speak of (except my dogs and they mostly don't get away from me to actually catch one of the little buggers, sooo). He's pretty damn chubby, so he must be getting enough to eat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about laying a trap for the guy?

Anonymous said...

That type of tumor is fairly common in small mammals. It usually starts in the eye socket or sinus cavity (why? I do not know). The tumor growing outward is a sign that there is nowhere for it to grow within the skull.