Monday, June 8, 2009

Dobrá Voda

I finally got to get out a little and see some of Czech other than the inside of my lab. Dasa had to water her in laws plants (they are in Italy), so we headed south to Nové Hrady where they live. On the way, we came across the monastery at Dobrá Voda. It stands our rather spectacularly as you drive through the countryside.
Not a bad break from the grind no? and we even made it back in time for me to finish my work. I'm in a phase where I start things at 8 am, and then have nothing to do till they are done at 4. hence, the joyride.
Here is the view from the monastery. If you blow the picture up (click on it), the tower in the center town is where we headed next, Nove Hrady.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Awesome! I'm so jealous. When was the last time I traveled? I can't even remember.