Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Doggy weekend

After months of abstinence, I finally got my doggy fix. With a vengeance I might add. I started out my Saturday with my normal volunteering at the Lab Rescue farmer's market booth. This eventually turned into an invitation to Jeff and Bronwyn's house for some swimming with the dogs.
Here is their dog Klukie, showing off her Olympic diving skills.

Later that evening, I got my new foster, Timid Timothy, or Timmy for short. This poor little dog is just a little bit intimidated by everything. He appears to have spent his entire short life locked in a small space with nothing to do but lie there, and nobody to teach him about the joys of the world. No wonder everything is a little scary! (though why bicycles are particularly frightening, I will never know)I took him up to Lake Berryessa on Sunday. He did amazingly well on the hike (his fears seem to be limited to man made things, hmmmmm). It was also a very lovely day, even if I did fall asleep in a treacherous patch of shade, waking up with a rather spectacular shade of pink on part of my body.
The daily routine of biking into school and hanging out for most of the day has been rather difficult on the poor boy. But even through his fear, he cant help but be curious. He is already popular on my floor since he sticks his nose out the door to watch everyone go by. Won't let them touch him quite yet, but likes to say hello. You have to admit, he is one cute pup!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the dog on teh diving board is nothing less than hilarious. kthx for the good laff.