Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Work work work

My big common garden experiment has been consuming all of my waking hours since I got home. Stephanie and I have been either out in the baking greenhouses or working away in the lab for something like 12 hours a day.

Things have developed into a pretty cool ecosystem out there though. I have dragonflies galore, the red and the blue kind, their smaller cousins damsel flies, mosquitoes (not so good), hence the mosquito fish (put in without my permission, and I'm not happy about it), crazy spiders (some live in the pizometer tubes, makes for quite a surprise when you go to take a water sample!), and algae out the wazoo.

And, admittedly, Stephanie and I have a damn good time out there. That girl has one mischievous streak! And you have to admire her creativity...

No comments: