Friday, July 18, 2008

Goodbye Czech

Leaving Czech was hard this time. I really loved living with Dasa and the Hugomonster. Here are some of my last pictures.
Jakub and Hugo
Ceske Budejovice in a storm. My whole time there was one big thunderstorm really. Unpredictable, cold, hot, crazy, but beautiful.Then the Czech contingent of CESRI joined up and took a night train to Krakow. There was quite a bit of drinking and gabbing in that tiny car. The poor girls on the bottom 2 bunks had it bad. But, we rescued them when the train conductor told them they had bought reservations for their beds, but no actual tickets to Krakow. They had to buy tickets for the Czech part, then after we crossed the border, for the Polish section. They ran out of euros, and obviously didn't have any zloties since they hadn't actually gotten to Poland yet... so we loaned them some.
Alison here can hold her beer better than even the boys.
Greg and I were on the wobbly and roasting top bunks.The picture I wish I had is of Eric here, who fell asleep cradling his last beer in his arms, but oh so properly folding his hands across his chest.
All in all, we didn't get much sleep that night.

No comments: