Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Lab people

Here are some of the people I've been working with over the past 2 months. Today was my last day in the lab. Didn't finish my work, sniff sniff, but made a really good dent.
This is Jirka and Honza, the two brothers who took care of me.Milan Stech, my hosting professor
Honza #1. My hero. Lunch buddy, wallet finder, and general good guy
Honza #2. I went to the alps with this one
Honza #3. BryologistHonza #4. Lichenologist (Yippee!) and a rather amusing guy.
and of course dont forget Honza #5, my host.

As for the other guys in the lab (notice they are all men? There 2 girls who came in occasionally, but never when I had my camera)

This is Petr. He didnt speak very much, but smiled a lot.
Alexis. A Ukrainian who's arrival brought English to the lab, yea for me.
Jaroslav. Another lichenologist. A very quiet guy.

5 comments:

Katherine said...

Everyone is named Honza? Does this seem strange to anyone else?

dragonpipes said...

Isn't it crazy? When Honza #4 introduced himself, I guessed his name before he even said anything. weeeeee!
The greatest part is that they are all actually named Jan. And you have to know this otherwise you look like a doofus when you don't call them Honza.

Jan said...

Now I know why I was such a tom-boy, it's the name Jan!

Jan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I got the postcard today. Thanks so much! I remembered the photo on the front and am here now to look it up. The idea of birds pecking out eyeballs makes me squeel with delight. Again, thank you.