Sunday, July 6, 2008

random stuff

I haven't posted for ages, I know. Here are some random things that have happened and been picture worthy:
Dasa and I went to a concert in the park in Budejovice. The rather spectacular violinist Pavel Sporel played with the Budejovice orchestra as they sat on a barge in the middle of the river. In reality, a rather buggy spectacle, but the idea was nice and the music lovely. Honza came over for dinner and we went for a walk by the pond. Hugo (though you can't really tell by this pic) loved the bike.
Cute kittens, of course
I finally went on a tour of the Hluboka castle. I've been here for over two months now, but only just made it inside. Couldn't take pictures of course, but it was your standard opulent palace. I think my favorite part was the floors, amazing parquet. Unfortunately, they always cover it up with rugs so the tourist don't kill it, but I could still see. I went on a Czech tour, since it was almost $20 and an hour wait for an English tour. Lots of time to look at the floors.
Dasa and I took Hugo to an art exhibit in Budejovice. It was an interactive musical instrument thing. Very surreal and odd, but fun. Hugo didn't quite know what to make of it all, but he had a good time.
This thing was odd. Don't know how it counts as music, but Hugo loved it.
And, there has actually been English spoken in the lab for the past week! The guy on the right is Ukrainian so their common language is English. And the best part? They are lichenologists! I'm loving it.

No comments: