Thursday, March 13, 2008

Artsy day

We had a very artsy day yesterday. First, Daša and I started a really cool project to decorate Hugo's room. We are making poster boards of different places in the world, and then we will make animals for each that he can velcro on and play with. It is pretty ambitious, but really fun. I will show you finished products when we get there.
This has nothing to do with our artsy day, but the sky was beautiful that evening so I had to take a pic.

We met Jakub in town and saw the documentary War Dance. I've tried to include the trailer here, we shall see if it works. It was a terribly sad but also uplifting and sweet movie about the children of northern Uganda. It is a trifle overdone and contrived, but I still recommend that you see it.






Then, because babysitters are hard to find, Daša and I continued our night of artsy merriment and went to a concert. It was a couple of Irish guys playing guitar: Mark Geary and Brendan O'Shea. The poor boys kept cracking jokes at the uncomprehending audience, I think they were getting desperate. Czech audiences are very polite, almost to a fault. And both of them had nasty colds, and you could see it in how they blinked really long. It was still tons of fun though.

No comments: