Tuesday, March 11, 2008

More around the house

Dumplings. Not picture worth you think? well, I am trying to document my experiences, so there you go. Nice eating.

We walked around Daša's house and this time I brought my camera. She took me to the town cemetery. I like their way of burying people. Many plots had a cross between a stone tomb and a flower bed. It was very sweet, and also meant that flowers could last longer than a day (and not be plastic). This was the town's old Jewish cemetery. The last burial here was in '41. Rather depressing reminder of history.
Another view of the Vltava River (just in case you've been wondering, it is pronounced vultava), this time right in front of Daša's house. This river is everywhere, I swear!

A cute house
A roadside shrine, I promised, didn't I?
Darlin Daša
And, just to give you a view of the other side of Czech. It isn't all castles and fairyland you know. The communists had their architectural day here too. joy o joy. Modern Czechs try to cheer them up with bright colors. I'm not too convinced, but it is still better than depressing gray.

No comments: