Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Made it!

Well, I survived harrowing plane rides through airport closing storms (in Atlanta no less!) to make it to my darlin Daša. It was one heck of a trip. My 4 hour ride across the country turned into 8 hours on the plane. A big chunk circling over Atlanta, occasionally trying to land - we got really close one time, so that we basically buzzed the airport, but it was too bad. Actually, it was rather fascinating. Flying over the city, everything was fine. A bit turbulent, a bit rainy. But there was a storm socked in directly over the airport, as we flew in, the clouds changed, the light got eerie, and the wind was bizarre. They finally diverted us to Alberta. I almost lost my lunch on the way down, but managed to hold it in - don't think I could have lasted 30 more seconds. We sat on the runway in Alberta (a TINY airport) for hours. I originally had a 4 hour layover in Atlanta. By the time we finally landed in the correct airport, I had 20 minutes. By the time I got off the plane (and they told people who were staying in Atlanta to wait till all those with connecting flights got off, but did they? ha!), I had 3.
This crew was sitting behind me on the first plane, and going to Prague as well, so we banded together. It was nice to have someone to navigate the airport with. And they bought me food! I didn't even ask for it or go with them. Our plane was delayed (thank god!) so they went to buy food. I was too cheap so I didn't go with them, but they brought me some anyways. How sweet!
Anyways, I made it. Tune in for more baby pictures, and pictures of castles, and all sorts of other Czech goodies.

No comments: